Saturday, May 6, 2017

Estate Sale Friday and Saturday - How I Love you!

Well we had a great time at a local estate sale this weekend. Around here estate sales are on Friday and Saturday which is super for us since we are retired. As I shared in my blog post Junkin 101 (http://goodsonvintagetreasures.blogspot.com/2017/04/junkin-101-if-you-love-junkin-as-much.html). I prepared by researching the sale, arriving early, taking my big Ikea bag and returning on the second half price day. We had great success both days and spent a bunch of cash on some awesome items. The lady that had owned this house was a collector who loved yard sales and had a great eye. This was a great sale for smalls, and smalls pay the booth cost!

I love Christmas collectables. at this sale I scored Santa and snowmen blow molds (a hot collectable now),  a strand of snowball ice lights, great little pixie elves, Shiny Brite ornaments and celluloid reindeer. I will sell all of these at my booths, on Ebay or use in my configuration boxes. Remember to buy what you love. Well, I might have to hang onto a pixie or two.

Of course we also found lots of other treasures for our booths. Blue jars,  a vintage pink tole trash can, a mannequin head wearing a beautiful headpiece, vintage compacts, McCoy bowl, sewing basket, McCoy cream and sugar, cookie cutters, salt and pepper shakers, marbles, wash boards and much more. Hope your weekend was as fun as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment