Saturday, July 29, 2017

Estate Sale Friday (and Saturday)

So it's Estate Sale Friday again, and we hit a big one this week. I had intended to video the whole experience but alas, I got so excited when it finally started I forgot to video the actual sale.
It was full of board games, signs, creepy dolls, some glassware, metal gears and wheels, sacks, boxes and much, much more. There was so much stuff in the house that the estate seller moved a massive amount of goods to a nearby family life center the size of a gym, and it was packed too. Here's a video of the line waiting to go in to the first sale. Remember, don't judge a book by it's cover when you see the house.

As always I prepared for the sale by following my guidelines I wrote about in a previous blog post,, Junkin 101,  I studied the photos online, decided what I was interested in, I chose which sale site to start with and got to the sale early. We received numbers 19 and 20. We bought just a few things as the prices were very high. A large box of vintage valentines were $100, metal wheels were $10 and up, and tulip Fire King bowl set was $150. These prices left no profit to be made on resale. We did buy an old wooded stirring paddle and a industrial spool. Then we headed to the Part 2 of this sale at the family life center nearby.

I was overwhelmed at the amount of items at this location. How it ever fit in that little house is beyond me! At this location I scored three boxes of vintage Christmas ornaments, two boxes of vintage Christmas lights, a wooden hat block, and several other items.
Vintage Ornaments, Lights and Elves

The lights even work!
On Saturday my hubby (he's such a keeper) returned to the sale. I did not return with him as my granddaughter spent the night with us and 6:30 was too early for her after a double movie night. Remember, Saturdays are half price days. Without me slowing him down, hubby was able to get number 8. Maybe he will get those tulip salt and pepper shakers for half price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment