Friday, August 4, 2017

Pumpkins from Jar Rings


I have a crafters heart. I used to have a craft business, and I actually sent my son to college on my crafting business in the late 80's. When I can, I create items for my booth that I have crafted from something vintage. In this case, it is these cute pumpkins made from canning jar rings. Here's how to make your own.


Materials:

18-24
canning jar rings
Washi tape in Fall or Halloween prints
White Glue
Twine
Burlap for Leaves
Stick for stem
Orange spray paint (optional)
*Not pictured
wax paper
dowel stick or pencil

Directions:
If desired spray paint your jar rings on both sides with orange paint.




When the rings are dry press the Washi tape on the outside of the rings. If the tape is larger than the ring, clip the edges and fold over to the top or trim the tape. You may need a little white glue to hold the tape down on the top of the ring.

Continue covering the rings until you have enough to create your pumpkin.


Thread twine through the center of the rings and tie securely. The more rings you have the larger you pumpkin will be. Spread the rings out until they are separately evenly.

Find a stick that is the size of the hole in the center of your pumpkin. Cut two leaf shapes from the burlap and glue to the bottom of your stick. I tie mine on with a piece of twine to secure until it drys.





To make the curls for the top take twine and dip in white glue.Wind twine loosely around a dowel stick or pencil wrapped in wax paper, and let dry at least an hour before removing from the dowel stick.


Glue the stick you chose for the stem of the pumpkin to the inside the pumpkin with white glue and add the curl.


You can get jar rings at any grocery store or variety store but I like to find used ones at estate sales.




Learn more about estate sales in my other blog posts.
Enjoy making your own pumpkins. Or you can stop by Goodson Vintage Treasures in Just Around the Corner at 120 East Main Street, Lincolnton, NC. and buy one from me!
Check our my Facebook Page or Just Around the Corner's Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment