Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Different Kind of Sale

This week I participated in a different kind of sale. I set up a booth as a vendor at a Comic Com. A Comic Com is a gathering where vendors set up to sell Science Fiction type of wares and the participants often come dressed as characters from those stories. My son and his family have participated in these many times but this one was a first for me.

Chris and family...he made their costumes.

It all began when my granddaughter started making magnets to sell at my antique and collectable booth. Very quickly she decided she wanted to make super hero magnets to sell at out first local comic com intended to raise money for the Communities in Schools program. So yesterday we set up our booth and watched the fun begin. Here's our simple set up.

Wonder Grandma and the Commander Lily
We had a great time selling her magnets, and she turned out to be quite a good salesman. Who knew?



There were some amazing vendors at this comic com. The vendor beside me was a local artist who apparently works many of these shows. His work was beautiful. Here's just a sample of the many products that were available. If you are a craftsperson or an artist this might be an area to consider.














No comments:

Post a Comment