Thursday, June 22, 2017

Junkin

Today was Junkin Thursday instead of Friday. The dealer running this sale does Thursday and Friday sales.

 We arrived before 8 o'clock and the dealer was already given out numbers. We received 18 and 19. As I detailed in my May blog "Estate Sale Friday and Saturday - How I love you! " I had researched the sale by studying the photos online, we had arrived before the advertised number give out time and we had our large bags ready to buy. I had spotted a choral blow mold in the box in the photos and had surmised they were in the basement. When the sale started we headed to the basement where I thought the blow molds were found. They were there but unfortunately they had holes burned into the top of their heads. So they were out. But I did find two large blow mold candles. In fact, one lady kept following me around in case I put them back. I didn't put them back.
Score!!!!

I also found a few other things. I picked out a cute vintage, metal toy top as well as a box of vintage Christmas lights and a few other things. At estate sales the dealers usually have boxes near the cash register for you to put your selections as you continue to shop. BEWARE that I have seen people take things out of these boxes when the dealer is busy and not looking. I have the habit of putting a bag over any items I place in these storage areas. However, this time I did not cover mine with a bag. When I returned to the storage area to put a few more items in the box I discovered someone had taken the top out of my box and put it in theirs. I immediately informed the dealer and put it back in my box. Then I stayed beside my selections while hubby shopped some more. I was disappointed but not really surprised. The man that took it never said a word when he returned to the storage area. This man had been in line behind us and quite friendly. He even said he owned an antique store in a local town. In fact, after we paid he even tried to carry my box to the car for me which, not surprisingly, I denied him the opportunity. Maybe he was looking for the top.

So learn a lesson from me my friends. Everyone who seems friendly at an estate sale really can't be trusted. It is a dog eat dog business. Watch your selections as you place them in the holding areas, be sure to bring enough bags to cover your things while they wait for you to take them home. Buy what you love and get in there and start digging.
Roger Digging In




No comments:

Post a Comment