Wednesday, April 26, 2017

What's Hot in Collecting 

Do you love Vintage Market Sales? Vintage Markets have taken over where the old craft fairs left off. If you Google Vintage Market I'm sure one in your area will pop up as they are being held across the country. 

I went to one recently and I could not believe the crowds. We stood in line for an hour and we had our tickets already. Inside the venue it got very crowded quickly. I'd post some photos but no photography was allowed, and I'm such a rule follower I did not snap a photo inside 

The goods were very nice although some were a bit pricey. All the things I love were there. Upcycled painted vintage furniture, tobacco baskets, bird houses, planters, things made from old springs, blue jars, galvanized buckets and much, much more. 

I considered it research and one item caught my eye. It was a ladder made out of tobacco sticks. Folks, I'm from North Carolina so I knew I could find some tobacco sticks somewhere close and I did. Tobacco sticks were used in the drying process of the tobacco leaves. The leaves were tied across the sticks and hung to dry.

My handy hubby quickly created some tobacco stick ladders for me. In one month I've already sold five at my booth.
 My talented spouse also made me a large star from the tobacco sticks, and I have plans for a little faux gate too. 

Researching is a valuable tool in the antiques and collectibles business. So head out to a local Vintage Market Day near you to collect some ideas for you home and booths. 
Hubs and I OUTSIDE the Vintage Market Day


No comments:

Post a Comment