Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Earth Day Fairy Garden


I love flowers and gardening and I hope to pass that love on to my granddaughter as my mom passed it down to me. This week to celebrate Earth Day we created a fairy garden. For the base I used a flower pot I already had. After all Earth Day is all about recycling. We added some fresh dirt and mounded one side up higher like a little hill. Then we added a house I bought at the Habitat store. Again the recycling thing.


Next we added a rock path made from a dollar store bag of rocks. I had purchased two little plant I thought would look like trees and bushes. We ventured to edge of our yard and found some lovely moss to add to the hill. I added a tiny hen and chick I dug up from a flower pot and another succulent type plant that I have no idea what it is but it comes back every year.
   
Then the fun part. My granddaughter added cats, a watering can, a tiny bird bath, a tiny fence, tiny bird houses and a bench that I purchased form a local craft store (on sale and with a coupon). Then we added our little fairy. My granddaughter was very pleased with her work and could not wait to share it with family.

So grab that old flower pot or leaky tub and create your own fairy garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment