Sunday, April 26, 2015

Latest Upcycled Creations

Here are the latest additions heading to my booth at Fantastic Finds in Newton,NC. Please come by. 

Farm Side Table - this table was an auction purchase. It was made of solid pine. After sanding I painted the legs and sides white and dark stained the top. Love how it turned out. 

After                                                                                          


Before



$60

Another piece I finished this week was an antique round top trunk. After scrubbing it throughly with a TSP product, I painted it one coat of white. When dry I sprayed the metal with a metal primer as well as shellac to keep rust from showing through. Then I repainted it white. Next I stained using a paste wax. I don't like it real dark and I discovered a Clorox wipe is perfect to remove excess wax for just the look I want. Next I repapered using craft papers and clue. Next I sealed the paper with Mod Podge. I love how it looks. The final step is to use an old belt for new handles. 


$100


I also have two other pieces ready including g a metal cabinet and a shabby little side table. 


$25


$25

I also created this cute bench. The hubby created a seat for it covered in burlap. 

$30

The final piece is this shabby mirror with rag and burlap roses. 


$20


3 comments: